Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Myspace Hoax: Week 2
The situation of the thirteen year old that committed suicide, due to the Myspace hoax is another reason why our nation is coming to the point that we cannot defend ourselves without getting the laws involve. This child had received a message by a fictional profile. Later the profile was sending messages that insulted and humiliated the child. Later the child took it upon herself to end her life.

I don’t understand the generation of today. I feel that today’s generation is very weak. I am thirty years old and during my childhood I was harassed and also was put in situations that ended with violent confrontation. I never had the intentions to end my life. I found ways to try to become tougher and deal with the situation.

I feel that this girl was never exposed to the real world. I feel that the parents neglected to make her understand that in social networks there are a lot of individuals that don’t have any feelings for others. I feel that this child should have never been allowed to even participate in these networks. I only blame the parents for the child to react the way she did.
I am shocked that the parents attempted to even try to put legal action on the individuals that took role of this hoax. I am not surprised that they even try to put criminal actions to the parents of the other individuals.

As I was reading the article, I was surprised that a lawyer commented that the victim’s family had gone wrong about all this. That surprises me because it only tells me that they had some sort of chance to be able to put criminal charges on another when it was the parents fault. I guess in America you are able to find justice, even when it is your fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment